Sign the petition!
Reorganisation of the NHS is leading to damaging changes in healthcare in Hammersmith & Fulham. Our borough's population is rising and demand is increasing. Yet, under the planned changes, access to local emergency care will be drastically reduced.
- Charing Cross Hospital will be demolished. Much of the site will be sold off to developers to pay for redevelopment of St Mary's and a lesser facility on the remaining land.
- Hammersmith Hospital's A&E has closed.
- Charing Cross A&E will be downgraded to an 'emergency centre' run by GPs. There will be no Emergency Medicine consultants on site. Consultants at other sites will provide advice by phone or video link.
- Because Charing Cross will no longer have a top-tier A&E, its world-class stroke unit will be moved to St Mary's, Paddington.
- Charing Cross will lose 336 of its 360 in-patient beds, 93% of the total.
- People who suffer a stroke or who need emergency surgery will have to be taken to St Mary's Paddington instead of Charing Cross. For many, travel times will increase.
- Travel times for families and carers of these patients will also increase and journeys and parking will be more difficult and more expensive.
We call for an immediate halt to further closures of hospital services in Hammersmith & Fulham, and a full review and public consultation on the future of our local NHS.
Greatly appreciated by the majority of residents and at the heart of our borough.